Off to the midlands for Christmas so I am.
This is my first Christmas away from Kerry. 22 years of the same tradition and a new one can’t hurt.
Change is good right? Right?!
I am heading off to my boyfriends to spend Christmas with his family up in Offaly.
Usually I spend Christmas with the family in Tralee.
Here’s how the day plan’s out :
- Go to my auntie’s at 1.
- Open present’s once everyone has arrived (strict rule)
- Have an amazing dinner at around half past two, the whole sha-bang, 3 course meal (it’s uh-ma-zing – see below)
- Watch an animated family movie – Shrek/Frozen/Finding Nemo type of thang.
- Play a board game – shout/get very loud while playing the board. . . stop playing the board game.
- Have more dessert, usually pavlova, jelly, ice cream, Christmas cake, some odd marks & spencers dessert, jellies, chocolate…yanno…the usuals.
- Watch another film. The genre depends on the day really. Could be inception, could be a Marvel movie or it could be something with Liam Neeson.
- People drink && I fall asleep due to being too full.