I was reading through the BuzzFeed website. As I tend to do.. for hours.. and I came across this post a few days ago titled ‘30 Questions You Should Ask Yourself Before 2016‘ .. it is 3 days into 2016 but here’s my answers to those questions.
1. What did you do this year that you’re proud of? Signed up for a Radio Production Course. Was part of an IFTA winning crew. Made my own mini-series for YouTube.
2. Who did you meet this year that inspired you? A lovely lady named Zara.
3. What did you read that you think bettered you? Issues of Focus Magazine
4. What are songs that you will always hear and think of this year even when you’re listening on some contraption that hasn’t even been invented yet? Years & Years – Eyes Shut | Adele – Hello | Justin Bieber – Sorry | Fleur East – Sax | Kodaline – Unclear
5. What were some times that you laughed so hard you could barely breathe? When Celine said things. Holiday in London with Niamh.
6. What were your favorite movies? Not what was good, not what you had to see because of your friends or the media. What were your favorites? Inside Out. Brooklyn. My favorite film this year by far was Straight Outta Compton.
7. What are some fears that you had at the beginning of the year that you overcame? Moving home again. That my back would worsen with pain.
8. What were quotes that you loved this year? No new ones. I still love ‘Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff’
9. What are ways that you exercised self care? Walking. Sleeping. Treating myself to the cinema. Drawing. Making Videos. Drinking a lot of water.
10. What are things you want to see more of next year? Nature. Live Music. The Beach.
11. What are five things you did that you never thought you’d actually do? I really don’t have an answer.
12. What were your favorite things this year? Going to London. Going to my radio course. Seeing my nephews more. Visiting my Granddad frequently. Being part of an IFTA winning team. Going to see Kodaline. Making YouTube Videos. Going on work experience in Limerick for a week.
13. What are the most important things you learned this year? Stress is literally, pointless.
14. What is your favorite photo from this year? A selfie I took with one of my nephew’s.
15. What are five things you want to say to people you love? I love you. Thank you for liking me for who I am. I hope I make you happy. Ask me for help if you need it. Thanks for supporting me.
16. What are some places where you feel true joy in your life? Banna Beach. (any beach) Anywhere if I am on my bike. In my bed. At friends houses.
17. Where do you feel most yourself? When on a walk singing with my headphones in.
18. What were your favorite meals? Homemade Curry. Fishcakes & sweet potatoes. Egg Fried Rice. Falafel Spinach Wrap. Bacon/Black Pudding/Apple Salad.
19. How did you calm yourself in times of stress? Deep breaths, plus a walk if possible, being alone with a cup of tea.
20. What are some compliments that you received that deeply affected you? ‘ Your inspiring’, one can never feel enough gratitude hearing that.
21. Who are people that you believe are bringing out the best in you? All family members.
22. What items of clothing did you buy that felt the most you? I bought 1 dress, 1 jumper & 1 pair of tracksuit pants this year. So…the ‘it’s so fluffy‘ jumper I believe.
23. What are you excited about leaving behind in 2015? Bad food habits = Binging on junk food (pringles, sweets, chocolate) Negative/Overthinking thoughts, worrying that i’m being selfish when I take time to myself to improve myself and my health and do what makes me happy in life.
24. What are five things that you were hard on yourself about but would never have been hard on a friend if they were experiencing it? Eating too much junk food. Not having enough goals. Being lazy about doing my paperwork. Focusing on ‘what if’s’. Taking time to myself to do what I enjoy doing.
25. What are the best pieces of advice you heard this year? Don’s stress on thing’s you can’t possibly change.
26. What are the best pieces of advice you gave this year? Be yourself, go for what you want in life.
27. What things have you been putting off doing because you didn’t have time? Going swimming and baking, script writing.
28. What are some things you’d like to focus and work on in the next year? My body image, my health (all round), goals, writing, acting, singing, cooking, documenting each day of the year with a photo.
29. What are the best parts of you that you feel really showed through this year? Positivity & determination.
30. What are your biggest hopes for 2016? Sing in public more, do more work in radio, audition for acting roles, strive to be the best person I can be, do more of what I enjoy doing, go on a holiday with family and/or friends, make my relationships with the people around me even stronger, do what I can to help those who help me.
I found this fun to do, I had to think back over memories & look forward to the future. Why not give it a go??
Happy New Year everyone 🙂